Re: augeas - reading/modifying/writing system configuration files

Harald Hoyer wrote:
_What is augeas?_

From: http://augeas.net/

Augeas is a configuration editing tool. It parses configuration files in their native formats and transforms them into a tree. Configuration changes are made by manipulating this tree and saving it back into native config files.
_Why should I switch my tool to use augeas?_

* not to reinvent the wheel
* one source to rule them all

* expect it to be included by default in f10+ {and el6+} ?
* expect it to become one of the mock build root packages ?

Why not ?
- is it a large library ?
- is it fast and efficient ?
- does it work on many arches ?
- when will it be considered production ready ?