Kerneloops?

Eric Sandeen sandeen at redhat.com
Mon May 5 18:51:44 UTC 2008

Dr. Diesel wrote:
> Had a Kerneloops message pop up today, said something about a critical
> error, didn't bother to tell me what the error was!
>
> Where is this stored, doesn't seem to be in the normal log locations?

kerneloops sends oopses to kerneloops.org, if you let it (did it ask?)

I've never actually seen the kerneloops-applet in action, dunno what it
says or looks like... if it's not helpful or confusing I suppose that
should be fixed.  :)

It should also be in the "normal" places, /var/log/messages or at least
the console.

-Eric