Maintainer Responsibility Policy

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed May 7 17:10:22 UTC 2008

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 2:07 AM, David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org> wrote:
>  I'm not sure that's strong enough. It should clearly state that the
>  package maintainer is responsible for getting bugs fixed -- if the
>  package maintainer isn't a coder, then they need to take a more
>  managerial röle; working with upstream or with code-monkeys within
>  Fedora to get things fixed. How about this:

Do we need to make an effort to catalog skillsets in the contributor
base? to make it easier to help maintainers find a particular sort of
code-monkey?  For example I know you are one of the people I can come
to with ppc oddness that I can't fix myself, but I'd have no idea how
to turn to for say ruby-ness.

But generally speaking would it be worthwhile if 'we' made it easier
for maintainers to find other contributors who could help with
specific bugs based on skillset needed?

-jef"And yes i realize we can't really call people code-monkeys"spaleta