F9 and KVM

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Fri May 9 03:05:29 UTC 2008

Mark Bidewell wrote:
>> I'm still stuck with this guest networking problem.  I have br0 defined
>> on the host with a static IP on the lan.  I have eth0 on the host that
>> points to the bridge br0.  When I created the vm I selected shared
>> network br0(eth0).  In the guest I have ifcfg-eth0 that has:
>> BOOTPROTO=dhcp.
>> But when you do ifup eth0 it just sits there trying to determine IP and
>> eventually it pings 192.168.122.1 which to me looks like it thinks its
>> in a NAT environment rather than bridged networking.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Gerry
>>

> have you looked here?
>
> http://kvm.qumranet.com/kvmwiki/Networking
>
> Mark Bidewell

Yes, but that is for doing everything from the command line.  I was
expecting that virt-manager was setting all that up.  I mean I see vnet0
and vnet1 for my VM's on the host.  This has all been created by
virt-manager and virsh define.  I didn't set any of that up manually
except for setting up the host bridge br0.  So how much of this
networking setup is virt-manager actually doing if not all of it?  The
picture with virt-manager and networking is not exactly clear.

Regards,
Gerry