FESCo Proposal for blocking older version of autoconf & automake

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Fri May 9 08:32:12 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-05-06 at 11:02 -0400, Christopher Aillon wrote:
> On 05/05/2008 11:43 PM, Casey Dahlin wrote:
> > Matthias Clasen wrote:
> >> On Mon, 2008-05-05 at 23:28 -0400, Casey Dahlin wrote:

> If you'd have read the thread, you'd have noticed I already pointed out
> multiple times, if you want to keep Firefox in the distro, you need to
> keep autoconf213 for the forseeable future.
Not at all. The firefox project should ship their infrastructure, such
that developers can install it into their development environments.

Many other major projects do so (e.g. GCC) - It would also help upstream
firefox to avoid divergences being caused by vendors shipping modified
version of the autotools.

Ralf