Kernel updates?

Nigel Jones dev at nigelj.com
Tue May 13 07:04:28 UTC 2008

Bojan Smojver wrote:
> Bojan Smojver <bojan <at> rexursive.com> writes:
>

>> Any chance of pushing the F-8 kernel with that security fix
>> (CVE-2008-1669) into stable?
>>

> I will officially stop caring about this tomorrow (he, he :-), however, this
> doesn't look any better:
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F9/security

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/search/CVE-2008-1669 shows nothing.

The crazy thing is all the bugs that the CVE tracking bug depends on,
are embargo'd (most likely for EL-3-5+update releases or something).

Can't see anything in koji etc.  Now I'm not saying that there is no
reason to worry, but it (cuse the pun) bugs me that that as soon as a
CVE comes out, it must be patched yesterday.  The embargo on the tracker
bug wasn't open to Fedora contributors and was only released on the 7th.

It's a pity we live in a society of fear, but I understand.

- Nigel