JahShaka

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue May 13 13:39:38 UTC 2008

Casey Dahlin wrote:
> Pitivi is nice for little home movies, but it is NOT an industrial
> strength NLE and I think it would do more harm to itself than good if it
> tried to be. It will keep Joe User very happy, but not the prosumer

But we are not allowed (by law) to include something that, according to
your definition, will make the prosumer crowd happy. What to do?

> crowd. And trying to give Cinelerra to those people is just
> embarrassing. Its about as stable as win98 and kludgey as hell.

Well, in my experience Cinelerra is worse than Win98, maybe like Windows
Me :p But, again, due to the codecs, Cinelerra is not included in Fedora
either...

You may consider packaging JahShaka at Livna/Rpmfusion. Ptitivi in
Fedora proper for everyone and JahShaka in Livna for those who are
allowed by local law.