The Prophecy of the 9 comes true (Fedora 9 walks the earth!)

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Wed May 14 01:30:30 UTC 2008

On 2008/05/14 01:11 (GMT) Kevin Kofler apparently typed:

> Felix Miata wrote:

>> happens with Fedora. And now with support for the last of
>> pre-exclusive-libata Fedora versions falling out of support, it will happen
>> more often by those who previously were not motivated to upgrade to each most
>> recent release.

> Fedora Core 6, the last pre-libata release of Fedora, was EOLed in December
> 2007, so all possibly affected existing Fedora users are supposed to have
> upgraded already.

I hope you'll forgive me for getting the tense of "fall" wrong. Not being
able to install without a crash limits the number of machines I can attempt
an install on to two older boxes that don't see much use beyond testing Linux
installation tools. That in turn limits the time I can justify spending even
to try, much less actually keep up with things that only matter if you can
get past the installation process. I have to guess a nonzero quantity of
those who were supposed to have upgraded have indeed done so, but not to F7,
F8 or F9.
--
". . . . in everything, do to others what you would
have them do to you . . . ."       Matthew 7:12 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/