Summary of the 2008-04-08 Packaging Committee meeting

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed May 14 16:55:10 UTC 2008

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

>>> It doesn't look anything like that if you are paying any attention at
>>> all. Again, cut the drama. Constantly throwing insults at a project
>>> just because you have different opinions on how it should be done
>>> isn't the way to present anything much less act as a user
>>> representative.
>>
>> I'm trying to be realistic, not insulting.  I just think that needing
>> to use 3rd party apps is common and thus representative for users.
>> How else is there to present that other than to bring up difficulties?
>
> The difficulties are understood and the tools are there. If you want to
> learn about them, ask in a users list.

The users list might tell me how someone else managed to work around
certain difficulties but no one there would be able to help eliminate
them or know whether that work-around is expected to be reliable through
updates or just happened to work for the person who tried it.  And
particularly in the case of jpackage I don't see the point.  Is it
impossible to make the parts you have in common identical or change the
names so you have nothing in common?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com