Rawhide update problem

Caolan McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Thu May 15 10:27:15 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-15 at 11:10 +0100, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > Are these expected to be fixed in today's rawhide?
> >
> > Probably tomorrow, or soon after that.
>
> <hopeful> And OOo. 3? </hopeful>

That's the plan anyway. Build will be forthcoming in the new few days.

OOo 3 may be a bit of a rocky ride given the
a) three layer stuff
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/ODF_Toolkit/Efforts/Three-Layer_OOo
which moves a lot of stuff around and
b) a good amount of new stuff is going to be in extensions, which is a
little bit complicated for a simple upgrade path from 2.X.Y

but it all works lovely locally here anyway :-)

On the bright side, a giant whack of the fedora patches are merged, or
being merged, into OOo3, and a lot of the code-reduction stuff I've been
working on will come through in this version as well.

Also OOo3 should build and work out of the box for ia64, arm-eabi etc.
as well, so the archteams shouldn't have to do anything to get OOo3 to
build for them.

C.