Glitch-Free PulseAudio in Rawhide

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun May 18 00:41:57 UTC 2008

darrell pfeifer wrote:

> I'm not sure I understand the rationale of purposely breaking sound for
> most people in rawhide. While the fedora kernel guys are speedy, it
> could be a while before a kernel with the patch appears.
>
> I know rawhide people take their chances. Still, I would have thought
> waiting a bit for the kernel to sync up with the patch would have been a
> more prudent option.

I would gladly sync my data to a non-development version of Fedora and
continue to use rawhide on my main box (and presumably file more bug
reports) if such things were better coordinated. I still do something
similar but usually more to the end of the development cycle ~ last
couple of months or so.

This isn't just for getting better feedback from testers but also making
rawhide a better development environment. The recent yum or glibc issues
in rawhide would have affected a lot of developers too. We haven't had a
shabby job of this at all but we could certainly do it better.

Rahul