F8 -> F9 but keeping KDE3: technically feasible?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed May 21 00:41:46 UTC 2008

Andrew Farris <lordmorgul <at> gmail.com> writes:
> You can use the nvidia drivers with F9 if you run the F8 xorg packages; quite
> a few people have been doing this with success throughout the F9 development.

But if he's using F8 KDE and F8 X.Org X11, there's not much left of F9, is
there? I mean, what's the goal? Being able to say he's "running F9"?

IMHO it is a really bad idea to try to upgrade only parts of the distro, we
have done ABSOLUTELY ZERO testing of the KDE 3 packages from F8 with F9,
whoever attempts that may run into dependency problems and other issues.

        Kevin Kofler