glibc-2.8.90-4 causing tonnes of problems -help!

Paul F. Johnson paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Sat May 24 18:04:39 UTC 2008

Hi,

Depending on the box depends on the issues. For my i686 box (this one),
Firefox is completely unusable (crashes with glibc errors). My x86_64 box
worked then dies (it currently won't boot as /sbin/init and a few others
aren't there! Prior to this, evolution would die as glibc would not allocate
enough memory)

I have tried to download the glibc-2.8.90-3 src rpm to rebuild it (as a stop
gap until 2.8.90-5 is out), but nothing will download from koji for it (either
via wget or konqueror).

Can some kind soul please help me out by uploading the 2.8.90-3 src.rpm
somewhere? I can probably get the x86_64 box up again by booting from RIP
Linux, unpacking the 2.8.90-4 rpms and manually copying the files over then
rebooting. Unless there is an easier way....

TTFN

Paul
--
Programmer, GirlGamer