SESSION_MANAGER env var in rawhide and XSMP spec

Hi

I've been trying to track down some issues with gnome-session in GNOME
2.23.x which is in rawhide now. I first noticed this when trying out a
jhbuild of GNOME 2.23.x, but then noticed that rawhide suffers from the
same symptoms. A bunch of processes are left in [defunct] state after
login and starting new programs complains about not being able to
connect to the session manager.

After some investigation and help from one of the gnome-session
maintainers we noticed that the SESSION_MANAGER env var in rawhide
differs from other distros. What I see in rawhide is this:

[kmaraas localhost gnome-session]$ echo $SESSION_MANAGER
local/unix:@/tmp/.ICE-unix/2994

and he had:

´╗┐local/henderson:/tmp/.ICE-unix/14577

The XSMP spec has this to say:

The client finds the network address of the SM in a system-dependent way. On POSIX systems an environment
variable called SESSION_MANAGER will contain a list of network IDs. Each id will contain the
transport name followed by a slash and the (transport-specific) address. A TCP/IP address would look like
this:
tcp/hostname:portnumber
where the hostname is a fully qualified domain name. A Unix Domain address looks like this:
local/hostname:path
A DECnet address would look like this:
decnet/nodename::objname
If multiple network IDs are specified, they should be separated by commas.

Is the current format in rawhide according to spec?
And does gnome-session just have to be updated to handle this format?

Cheers
Kjartan