Orphaning my Packages (or: RIP, Fedora!)

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue May 27 11:46:08 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 3:31 AM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Contrary to your statement, I believe our number of users is growing.
> At any rate, we wish you well.

It's difficult to get a handle on user numbers.  We keep finding more
and more ways to give people live images we can't track because they
aren't hitting or mirrormanager looking for updates.

But our contributor numbers are definitely going up.  We need  to
start trying to identifying active/wayward/inactive/lost contributors
to get a better idea of our retention rate over some timescale.  Not
everyone who leaves the project does it with this much...flare.
There's probably some critical window of time where new contributors
can show up and slip away. ..but if we keep them engaged beyond that
time period the retention percentage goes up. But that's just me
guessing.

-jef