Anyone else with hard freezes?

Bill Crawford billcrawford1970 at gmail.com
Tue May 27 18:00:40 UTC 2008

2008/5/27 Dr. Diesel <dr.diesel at gmail.com>:
> All,
>
> Even though memtest86 would run fine for > 24 hours without error I up
> and decided to swap on the memory.  Since I've no lockups or
> weirdness, I'm fairly confidant the memory was the issue.

That would suggest, perhaps, that when memtest is running, very little
else in the system is active (e.g. disks aren't doing anything,
graphics card is not drawing much power for acceleration blocks etc)
... which might indicate that your power supply isn't quite up to the
job. Glad it's working now though.