Questions about packagedb search

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Wed May 28 18:53:51 UTC 2008

Hi Ionuț,

I was looking at your packagedb branch.  On of the things I am doing in
MyFedora is a unified search frontend which would use various search
backends such as packagedb for packages and fas for people. Right now I
use koji for querying which is fast but lacks the extra info that
packagedb give us.  A couple of questions about the code.

First is more of a request.  Can you add allow_json=True to the @expose
method of the package method?

I'm reading this line:

        # return only the packages in known collections or all of them
        if release in range(1,16):

Is that range arbitrary?  What does it mean?  What are valid release
values?  What if I want all available releases?

My last question is what does this method return in terms of data
structure?

Having all this info will make my development smoother.  Python docs
strings listing the parameters and the return value would be even more
helpful.  Thanks for the work you have done.  Hopefully we can get it
live fairly soon.