Re: Dia has .la files

Colin Walters wrote:
On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 7:24 PM, Dan Nicholson <dbn lists gmail com> wrote:
OK, now convince the libtool developers to break everyone's `make
distcheck'.

Or alternatively convince the automake people that it shouldn't be in
the business of software lifecycle management (make uninstall) any
more than people should be coding/overriding build systems (make;make
install) inside RPM spec files.

...and once you've done that, you can convince them that building rpm/apt/whatever on, say, AIX, should be a prerequisite before building grep/make/etc? Wait... somehow I'm not too sure that will work well.

+1 to fixing it for systems with sane package managers. -1 to removing functionality that may be wanted on more exotic systems.

--
Matthew
Will your shell have salvation? Only if it's Bourne Again.