Re: Dia has .la files

On Sat, 2008-11-01 at 00:33 +0100, Denis Leroy wrote:
> Colin Walters wrote:
> >> The libtool developers understand that the .la files aren't needed in
> >> normal operation. The reason that they insist on keeping them is so
> >> that `make uninstall' works since the .la files are the only place
> >> that store information about the actual libraries (.so + links vs. .a,
> >> etc.).
> >
> > Right - we have a "make uninstall", it's called "rpm -e".
>
> Was a libtool fork ever attempted ?

Why fork it when you can just throw it away and forget it ever existed?

I just write proper Makefiles, and if I ever _want_ to spend a couple of
minutes watch some bizarre script trying to work out what type of
FORTRAN compiler I have on my system, I can write myself a little bash
script for that too.

David Woodhouse intel com                              Intel Corporation