Re: Dia has .la files

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 05:21:55PM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
>> Really we need a post-build (BRP) hook in RPM to nuke them instead of
>> copy&paste of rm into spec files.
>
> We need the *.la files for MinGW packages.

Is that a "We need the *.la files for MinGW packages" or "We need the
*.la files in MinGW packages"?

I think it's the latter but want to make sure.

Also, as Patrice erroneously points out, some packages will break
without the *.la files.  I have yet to see a package where that's
actually a "needs" case.  However, I have seen places where the upstream
code looks for the *.la file when libltdl (the libtool library) is
willing to look for either the *.so or the *.la.

-Toshio