Re: Dia has .la files

On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 10:28:43 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> It's been a while since I looked at this but isn't libltdl a shared
> library?  So in Fedora we should be running against the newer version of
> libltdl that does work with missing libtool archives?

Unless an old or customised copy of libltdl is used -- which has been the
case several times before. One of the more prominent examples was KDE,
albeit a few years ago. Wow, lots of hits at Google when searching for
such issues related to Fedora.

> > The other case where removing libtool archives causes breakage is
> > if there are inter-library dependencies in the .la files. Then you
> > need to remove all .la files.
> >
> True.  That doesn't conflict with removing .la files everywhere, though.

Except that there has been resistance from some packagers, as they
refuse[d] to remove libtool archives. Perhaps this has changed
meanwhile. ;)