Re: FESCo Meeting Summary for 2008-10-29

2008/11/2 Brian Pepple <bpepple fedoraproject org>:
> === Comps ===
> * FESCo brain-stormed for a bit on ways to improve comps.  Some of the
> ideas were:
>      * Having a Grand Arbitrator of Comps (notting's name was thrown as
>        a possible candidate)
>      * Use pkgdb to manage comps
>      * Making comps a MUST item in the package review.
> * In the interim, notting will update the comps wiki page to better
> clarify what should be included in comps, and FESCo will discuss some
> more whether to make comps a MUST item in the review process.

All packages should go in comps.  I don't know why notting is against
this?!!?  Why should my php-pear-* packages be excluded from comps for
example?  Just because some newb might not want to install them does
not mean a php web developer would not use comps to install them.