Re: Comps/groups/tags-concepts [Was: FESCo Meeting Summary for 2008-10-29]

Seth Vidal wrote:

My perspective on server-type installs has always been the same:
kickstart a minimal and %post the rest in via: yum -y install pkg1 pkg2 pkg3. But it might just be the years of success deploying like in that way which makes me think that ;)

Make it so everyone else can say:
yum -y install "seth's server packages"
and everyone else can have equal success.

And it will work for desktops too, given a few experts that publish their lists of packages for for given purposes and preferences.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com