Fedora Release Engineering Meeting Recap 2008-11-03

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 12:20:30 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 04, 2008 at 01:33:35PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> On 04.11.2008 06:31, John Poelstra wrote:
>>  > [...]
>>> == Fedora 11 Schedule ==
>>> * https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/843 (discussion to date)
>>> ** Includes three proposals
>>> * attendees would like to see a different proposed scenario to
>>> compare to a regular "may day" schedule
>>> *# ''May Day'' schedule should GA on 2009-05-05 (not 2009-04-28)
>>> *# second scenario should be F10 GA date + six month schedule
>>> (2009-05-05 + ~30 days)
>>
>> 12 to 18 months ago the Board IIRC decided to *always* target late
>> April/early May and late October/early November for the releases. IOW:
>> we got rid of the GA + six months schedule we had for some time. Why is
>> the idea coming back? Was the board involved?
>
> Reading the ticket suggests that this issue is already been discussed
> within the ticket. It would be better to continue within there to keep
> the ideas together. Note: the rel-eng proposal is a draft.

Wait.  rel-eng opened the ticket to have a place to discuss it internally.
They wanted to come to a cohesive proposal before sending it to f-a-b or
-devel.  So while you can certainly comment the ticket if you want, they do
plan on sending this to the lists at some point.  It might be a bit easier
to do discussion on that list instead.

josh