How to get an SELinux policy change

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 19:44:14 UTC 2008

I'm working on getting GCL to run again.  The current Debian patch
(which is enormous) fixes most problems, but not the long-running
SELinux problem that GCL has had.  I took a hint from a thread on this
list a couple of months ago.  I let make run until it crashed due to a
denied mprotect() call, did chcon -t java_exec_t on the binaries, and
restarted the make.  It completed successfully.  I can patch the
makefile to do the chcon call in the right place, but I'm worried
about getting the right security context on installation now.  First,
is using java_exec_t in this way acceptable?  Second, if so, how do I
ask for Fedora's policy to reflect that: bugzilla, request on this
list, some other list?  Thanks,
--
Jerry James
http://loganjerry.googlepages.com/