Who moved my bug?

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Thu Nov 6 17:01:20 UTC 2008

Debarshi Ray wrote:
> Of late I am often noticed changes like these on the bugs that are
> assigned to me:
>
>           What    |Removed                     |Added
>           Keywords|                            |FutureFeature
>             Status|NEW                         |ASSIGNED
>
> The most recent example one such bug is https://bugzilla.redhat.com/469696
>
> I can understand the "FutureFeature" keyword, but why is the status
> being changed?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugsAndFeatureRequests#Enhancement_Requests

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/BugStatusWorkFlow

The "history" link is your friend:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_activity.cgi?id=469696

At the GA date of Fedora 10, all "rawhide" version bugs that are not
package reviews, feature requests/RFEs, or Tracking bugs will be changed
to version "10".  The FutureFeature keyword will insure that this bug
retain the 'rawhide' version.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/HouseKeeping#Rawhide_Version

A separate announcement reminding people of this process will be going
to fedora-devel-announce about this process soon.

John