Re: Is there a way to set up gnome-screensaver or gnome-sesssion to autologout when idle.

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 5:23 AM, Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh redhat com> wrote:

> I would like to give the admin the ability to setup xguest to logout
> when the session is idle for some time period?

I don't think it's currently possible, but I think it would be pretty
easy to code up something to do this. You can check for session idle
by listening for the org.gnome.ScreenSaver.SessionIdleChanged signal
and then checking org.gnome.ScreenSaver.GetSessionIdleTime (I think)
over dbus. Then when it's been idle long enough, execute
`gnome-session-save --kill --silent'. Somebody could probably code
that up in python pretty easily and then spawn it from autostart.

--
Dan