firefox, mozplugger or evince: what messes up pdf's in firefox?

On an F10 box updated often, for the past week, if I open a pdf url in firefox, evince opens in sort of a separate window which is Always On Top (for instance, any Print dialogs can't be seen since they're "behind" the window). No window manager stuff ( minimize , close ). Only way to close is from the File menu.

I'd file a bug, especially this close to a release, but whose bug is it?

sean