Re: FESCo Meeting Summary for 2008-11-05

On Sat, 8 Nov 2008, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

      * After evaluating Empathy(1) with Colin Walters (walters) and
        Will Woods (wwoods), FESCo felt that Empathy wasn't ready at
        this time to become the default IM client for Fedora 10. This
        was due to some missing features and bugs in comparison to
        Pidgin.  The plan is to reevaluate Empathy for Fedora 11, since
        most of the current issues should be resolved for Gnome 2.26.

I notice on my F9 copy of Empathy that there is no support for MSN or AIM
on the default Empahty install i got (even though the 'help' claims supports
it).

More importantly, I see no OTR support. Which means this default app change
is like going from ssh to telnet.

is not to the say, that I disagree with the decision itself. Just that it is very very late.

I do disagree with a switch. And I do hate pidgin with a vengance.

Paul