Re: Who moved my bug?

On 2008-11-08, 19:19 GMT, Steve Grubb wrote:
> We had this discussion a couple weeks ago and people decided on
> the test list to start using the triaged keyword.
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2008-October/msg00221.html
>
> What happened? This really is an unnecessary irritation.

Sorry, Steve, for this misunderstanding, but John really haven't
promised to revert all ASSIGNed bugs back to NEW or something
like that, he told he is leaning towards. Then he brought it to
the Bug Zappers meeting, and was shut down with disagreement
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/Meetings/Minutes-2008-Oct-07).
If you really need to distinguish between the bugs which triaged
(and their future life is a responsibility of a package
maintainer -- thus they are ASSIGNED as defined by FESCO
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/BugStatusWorkFlow) and
bugs which you actively work on, I would suggest using status
ON_DEV -- it is still present in our bugzilla (for legacy
reasons), but not used for anything, so you can freely use it.
Going through 9078 ASSIGNED bugs and deciding whether they should
be moved back to NEW or not, that's just too much work for the
very very doubtful benefit.

Best,

Matěj