Re: Proposal: Rolling Release

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Mon, 2008-11-10 at 12:52 -0600, Callum Lerwick wrote:
Debian can do this. The only reason we can not is because we refuse
to.

And so far we refuse to be cause we allow free-form scriptlets in rpms.

It would be interesting to see how one would upgrade say mysql major
version and then roll it back all via packaging.  Something that
requires changing the on disk format of your databases and such.

And the answer to that is that sometimes interactive choices need to be made during installation/upgrade/downgrade operations. Or they can't be done with a package at all.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com