Re: starting Fedora Server SIG

Bill Nottingham wrote:
Jesse Keating (jkeating redhat com) said:
Well, I guess start with a very minimal install and see what is there.
With rawhide, it appears impossible to install a kernel without pulling
in X libraries (because of plymouth), so I guess the base X libraries
can be considered "core" now.
Pardon?

plymouth's default dep chain pulls in libpng & pango, due to the graphical
plugins. Whether those are considered 'X' libraries is debatable.

This is all pretty strange from a server perspective. And plymouth is there to keep the screen from blinking while you boot?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com