Re: starting Fedora Server SIG

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski (dominik greysector net) said:
> > When was the last time you had a working /var/log/boot.log ?  (pre
> > plymouth that is)
> >
> > I seem to recall it has been broken for quite some time.
>
> Hm, you're right, all my boot.log files are 0 bytes (F-9). So instead of fixing
> the bug, a new package was introduced? Amazing.

Because, of course, that doesn't ever happen. We don't fix suspend by
introducing new packages like pm-utils. We don't fix X by moving from
XFree86 to X.org. We don't fix syslog deficiencies by moving from
sysklogd to rsyslog. We don't fix issues with device naming by moving
from devlabel (ayaaaaaaugh) to udev.

So, if we can find a way to arrange the output plugins, what is the issue
here other than "Change? We fear change!"

Bill