Re: starting Fedora Server SIG

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008, Alan Cox wrote:

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 12:09:17PM -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:
Don't be so sure about that.  In a colo environment I /would/ want some
encryption on the disk, and if I have to use a remote kvm to input the

If you are storing personal data on a system in a colo its practically mandatory
to have encryption, and if you are storing anything sensitive its a big deal
indeed - at least in those parts of the world with real data and privacy law ;)

And with more things using xen/kvm instances you can have the encryption work inside the install and access the console for typing in a password in a variety of interesting ways.

-sv