Re: starting Fedora Server SIG

On Thursday, 13 November 2008 at 10:00, Enrico Scholz wrote:
> Chris Adams <cmadams hiwaay net> writes:
>
> > If I explicitly add "plymouth-text-and-details-only" to my install,
> > it satisfies the system-plymouth-plugin dependency, and I don't get
> > libX11 and such.
> >
> > Maybe plymouth-text-and-details-only should be in @core and
> > plymouth-plugin-solar in @base?
>
> Maybe 'yum' should be fixed to handle ambiguous situations better?
> E.g. fail, warn and/or prompt when multiple packages satisfy a (virtual)
> dependency?

+1 for prompting, i.e.

2 packages found satisfying "system-plymouth-plugin" dependency:
1: plymouth-graphics-solar
2: plymouth-text-and-details-only
Enter number to select [1]:

Of course, the usual select-the-one-with-the-shortest-name behaviour would
occur when using -y.

Regards,
R.

"Faith manages."