Re: starting Fedora Server SIG

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008, Enrico Scholz wrote:

Chris Adams <cmadams hiwaay net> writes:

If I explicitly add "plymouth-text-and-details-only" to my install,
it satisfies the system-plymouth-plugin dependency, and I don't get
libX11 and such.

Maybe plymouth-text-and-details-only should be in @core and
plymouth-plugin-solar in @base?

Maybe 'yum' should be fixed to handle ambiguous situations better?
E.g. fail, warn and/or prompt when multiple packages satisfy a (virtual)
dependency?

why did you put yum in quotes?

with regard to your suggestion:

If we don't have a good default course of action, why do you think the user is going to know better?

If we do have a good default course of action, why are we prompting the user?

-sv