Re: a trivial fix makes a big change

> You can volunteer to maintain it.
I proposed to for a packager in FAS but I'm still waiting for the acceptance

> The RPM philosophy is that installation and configuration should be separate activities.  There
good policy
yes but the rpm already ships with a config file

rpm -qf /etc/samba/smb.conf
samba-common-3.2.4-0.22.fc10.i386

so I ask for that file in that package to be modified to have a line like this

usershare path = /var/lib/samba/usershare

BTW: I forget that we have system-config-samba

we can put a checkbox [ ]  enable nautilus-share