Re: starting Fedora Server SIG

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008, Jeremy Katz wrote:

But trying to preserve that modularity combinatorially adds to the
testing matrix and also makes it significantly more difficult to write
code since you can no longer depend on functionality.  It also makes
things slower as you have to conditionally check for things constantly.

I don't disagree, but it is a lot better to acknowledge this situation than it is to simply attribute some kind of neo-luddite perspective to those suggesting we do anything else.

I'm not saying we keep everything forever, I am saying we might consider thinking a bit more before deciding to implement a brand new system as solution to an existing problem.

-sv