Rawhide: pulseaudio and emu10k1 problems

Orcan Ogetbil orcanbahri at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 15 16:11:07 UTC 2008

> 2. The EMU10K1 mixer routing is rather broken - the
> "Master" mixer channel only controls the front
> speakers, leaving the rear speakers to be controlled by the
> "Surround" channel.  Thus the "Master"
> channel should really be renamed to "Front" and a
> real "Master" channel that controls everything
> should be added.  It is a bit of a pain having to adjust 2
> channels at the same time in order to change the volume.
> Similarly, the PCM channel only controls the front channels
> - surely this should control *all* the PCM channels?

I have this problem for a couple years now. I have a SB Audigy Pro 4. Mixer channel controls never controlled what they supposed to. I sent multiple emails to alsa-devel list, filed a bug in their tracking system, poked them on IRC...

Nope, they don't care to fix it.

But I didn't give up. I started learning C, so one day I can fix this myself.

-oget