Re: F11 Proposal: Stabilization

On Tue, 2008-11-18 at 17:12 -0500, Seth Vidal wrote:

> so it would be like an alias that says:
>
> yum update really means yum update openoffice\* somestuff\*  \
>       my_favorite_pkg\*

Pretty much.  I don't know how this would look/work at the yum level
where we can already just do what you said 'yum update foo\* bar\*', the
graphical level could just be some UI around this.

Essentially instead of subscribing to the firehose that is "update
everything possible from these repos" that is the default, to "only
consider these package sets as update targets, pull in whatever else you
need".

I personally don't see this as very useful, but then again I'm on a
decent internet connection, I have a fairly sparse install as it is, and
I want the firehose.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!