a feature request: offline pkg installation from media

Muayyad AlSadi alsadi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 20:16:21 UTC 2008

> 2.) yum should be able to unterstand uri likes file://...
that's something different
take this scenario, you have 3 installation CDs
KDE on CD2 needs libfoo on CD3
no createrepo or file:// could help you them

and yum API already support what I request, it's called media://
but package kit does not support it

> It may be nice to have a frontend for createrepo to create a
yes I made a hal/dbus/pynotify that creates a file in
/etc/yum.repos.d/ having file:// that points to the inserted media and
remove it when the media is ejected

but that is not the real solution