F11: things to check in a release tree before a release

Going through a variety of checks for things that could be broken in a release tree, I decided to type up a list of the things we should be checking for.

• metadata matches
• comps correct
• file conflicts
• normal conflicts
• no obsoleted pkgs in tree
• report all triggers
• look for all postrans/pretrans things
• unresolveable requires
• self-provided filedeps
• self-provided normal deps
• old versions of pkgs left over

Some of them are not explicitly things which are broken in a release, just things it would be wise to make sure are sane. Triggers,pretrans and posttrans are good examples of that.

Can anyone think of any others that we should report/check for?

-sv