F11: things to check in a release tree before a release

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Wed Nov 19 21:29:37 UTC 2008

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 15:52:15 -0500 (EST), Seth Vidal wrote:
>
>> Going through a variety of checks for things that could be broken in a
>> release tree, I decided to type up a list of the things we should be
>> checking for.
>>
>> • metadata matches
>> • comps correct
>> • file conflicts
>
> Conflicts between a file and a symlink. Can only be checked with access
> to the .rpm package and is not listed in the metadata (afaik).

Right, Which is what I'm doing here:
http://skvidal.fedorapeople.org/misc/potential_conflict.py

check for filename clashes, then pull the headers from the packages
involved and check the checksum against each.

> Optionally: permission/ownership conflicts

> • SONAME-provides conflicts

explain more about what we check for here?
Is this like multiple things providing libfoo.so() and one of them being a
bogon autodep?

-sv