Re: My roadmap for a better Fedora

Chris Lumens wrote:
I'd like to add a step (0) before we make bugs easier to file and really
crank up the number of reports we're getting:

(0) More people FIXING the bug, not just reporting them.  You can have a
giant user base of people filing tons of bugs, and you can have a
motivated and effective QA/Triaging team whittling them down to the
really important and reproducable bugs.  But without more people fixing
them, the backlog is just going to continue to build.

Except for fedora-specific quirks, fixing should be an upstream issue. What a distribution needs to know is whether upstream had a bad day or not before pushing some drek to unsuspecting users. If you had sufficient testing before release, or a place for user testing/reporting before full release that can expose the fact that a particular update is not ready for prime time just don't do that update.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com