Re: What do we need from Bugzilla? (was: My roadmap for a better Fedora)

On 2008-11-19, 22:47 GMT, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> There are several competing products, and I doubt we engineer
> type people use it "just because". I'm also assuming that we
> use it for reasons other than because of RedHat.

Well, to make your list shorter (i.e., with one item):

* To be able to support number of products, components, users,
  hits per second as Bugzilla does. Problem I heard of all
  competing products (trac, jira, etc.) is that they are lovely
  when you are talking about one project with few components, but
  when you get to clustering databases and similar magic, all of
  them fail pretty badly.
* of course, open source -- just to be safe that there isn't some
  Microsoft/Oracle/whatever closed source thing, which can manage
  it.

Matěj