Re: RFC: fix summary text for lots of packages

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 05:40:29PM +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> For instance, the following are over long, or repeat the program name:
>
> * System daemon that is a DBUS abstraction layer for package management
> * XQilla is an XQuery and XPath 2.0 library, built on top of Xerces-C
> * DeVeDe is a program to create video DVDs and CDs (VCD, sVCD or CVD)
>
> The following would be good replacements:
>
> * Package management framework
> * XQuery and XPath 2.0 library
> * Create video DVDs and CDs
>
> How does that sound? Anyone got any better words?

For XQilla the "Xerces-C" part is a first-order discrimination
information because it tells you whether you will be able to use the
library.  You can still shorten it to "XQuery and XPath 2.0 library
for Xerces-C".  I mean, it could be "java", "python", or
"lambda-prolog" instead, and that changes everything :-)

  OG.