Re: What do we need from Bugzilla? (was: My roadmap for a better Fedora)

* Andrew Cagney [21/11/2008 09:56] :

> I'd like a "push upstream" button, as in create a corresponding bug in
> the master upstream bug database.  Bonus points if it then keeps them
> somewhat in sync :-)

Things to keep in mind :

- Users have to be pushed upstream as well. The reporter of the bug in
  bugzilla.redhat.com must stay the reporter in the upstreamed bug
  report.

- You need to check for dupes and not blindly open a bug in the upstream
  bug tracker.

- Even if most upstreams use bugzilla, their notions of products and
  components is different from Red Hat/Fedora's. You'll need to work out
  a mapping from one to the other.

Emmanuel