where's the wish list for F11?

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Fri Nov 21 11:28:30 UTC 2008

On Friday, 21 November 2008 at 11:34, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le vendredi 21 novembre 2008 à 10:40 +0100, Dominik 'Rathann'
> Mierzejewski a écrit :
> > On Friday, 21 November 2008 at 03:07, sean darcy wrote:
> > [...]
> > > First, I'm a great yum fan. And you are the man. No irony or sarcasm.
> > >
> > > But... I use a lot of 3rd party fonts that aren't open, like most
> > > designers. It's weird/strange/peculiar there's no system-config-fonts
> > > that would allow us to install them.
> >
> > This calls for some font2spec script that'd create a spec file for your
> > font and let you build a package from it easily, much like R2spec or
> > cpan2rpm.
>
> R2spec or cpan2rpm work by converting existing metadata. Raw font files
> do not have the kind of metadata which could be used to generate
> complete spec files. You have significant packager involvment to fill
> the info that wouldn't be there otherwise.
>
> But anyway you're invited like everyone else on the list to review,
> comment on and complete the current font packaging guideline change
> proposal on
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/Fonts_packaging_automation

It looks mostly sane (I applied some grammar and punctuation fixes, I hope
you don't mind), but I don't like the naming of "rpm-fonts-filesystem". This
has nothing to do with rpm itself, hence it shouldn't look like a subpackage
of rpm. Instead, I suggest "fonts-filesystem".

Regards,
R.

"Faith manages."