RFC: fix summary text for lots of packages

Andrea Musuruane musuruan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 15:56:32 UTC 2008

2008/11/21 Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com>:
> What do you think of that?

First of all, I'd like to point out that many of the package you are
talking about are in RPM Fusion and not in Fedora.

I think that a packager has every right to make the best summary that
he can think of in less than 80 characters. Therefore statements like
"to much detail" for "DeVeDe is a program to create video DVDs and CDs
(VCD, sVCD or CVD)" are nonsense for me.

I can agree that the summary should not contain the package name -
because it is already written in another field.

I am not willing to make any other changes. Sorry. I think that
packagers have much more *serious* activities to do in their _limited
time_.

Regards,

Andrea.