Re: starting Fedora Server SIG

Till Maas wrote:
On Fri November 21 2008, Les Mikesell wrote:

How do I enumerate the devices with ethtool?

This may make eth0 blink, if it supports it:

ethtool --identify eth0

That's handy if you happen to be within driving distance of the server, but not what I meant. I can run mii-tool with no arguements and it will give me a list of the names the kernel chose for all of the NICs it found and which ones have an active link. Ethtool looks like it should be a replacement for mii-tool, but doesn't provide quite the same things. Is there another device-identifier tool?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com